High School Choral Festival
Imagine being 16 years old and performing for the first time on the stage of Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for many of the high school choirs participating in Albany Pro Musica’s annual High School Choral Festival. This event delivers is a delightful and inspiring afternoon of great choral music, featuring more than 250 students from area high schools. Each school performs its own set of musical offerings, and then the entire group joins Albany Pro Musica, led by guest conductor Woodrow Bynum, on stage for a 300-voice finale. It’s quite an experience!
The 2014 Choral Festival was held on Friday, January 31st at 7:30 pm and showcased the talents of many local choirs:
- Shaker Select Choir, Shaker High School – Karen Amedio, Director
- Hoosick Falls High School Mixed Chorus – Ambigay Yudkoff, Director
- Ravena Coeymans Selkirk High School Harmonics – Michelle McLoughlin, Director
- Saratoga Springs High School Choraliers – Kathleen McCarty, Director
- Shenendehowa High Mostly A Cappella – Heather Baird, Director
For the blockbuster finale, our combined choirs were accompanied by the Empire State Repertory Orchestra, David Beck, Conductor.
The program is administered by Joseph Farrell, Albany Pro Musica’s Assistant Conductor.
For information on participating in the 2015 Choral Festival, please contact Albany Pro Musica for more details.