High School Choral Festival
Imagine being 16 years old and performing for the first time on the stage of Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for many of the high school choirs participating in Albany Pro Musica’s annual High School Choral Festival. This event delivers is a delightful and inspiring afternoon of great choral music, featuring more than 250 students from area high schools. Each school performs its own set of musical offerings, and then the entire group joins Albany Pro Musica on stage for a 300-voice finale. It’s quite an experience!
The 2013 Choral Festival will be held on Friday, February 1st at 7:30 pm and will showcase the talents of:
- Guilderland High School Chamber Choir – Rae Jean Teeter, Director
- Hoosick Falls High School Mixed Chorus – Ambigay Yudkoff, Director
- Queensbury High School Madrigal Singers – Penny Schiek, Director
- Albany Academies Upper School Chorus – Matthew Streifert, Director
- Saratoga Springs High School Choraliers – Kathleen Washburn McCarty, Director
- Shenendehowa High Mostly A Cappella – Heather Baird, Director
For the blockbuster finale, our combined choirs will be accompanied by the Empire State Repertory Orchestra, David Beck, Conductor.
The program is administered by Joseph Farrell, Albany Pro Musica’s Assistant Conductor.
For information on participating in the 2014 Choral Festival, please contact Albany Pro Musica for more details.