All the News That’s Noteworthy
With the media? Check our Press Room.
- Albany Pro Musica is in the running to win a SAGECares Community Grant from Sage Computer Associates. Please vote for us at www.sagecomputer.com/vote2013. There are two categories: “Arts and Education” and “Social Service Organizations.” You may vote for one in each. Do it now!! Tell your friends and neighbors to do it too. Only one vote per email is allowed.The first organization to get 200 votes gets an extra $75. We get $500 for just being a finalist. If we get the most votes in the arts category by Dec. 18 we will get another $1000. THANKS FOR CONSIDERING!
- Review: “Hometown Heroes” Albany Pro Musica accompany Andrea Bocelli at the Times Union Center~~~~Times Union, June 13th, 2013
- Review:”Pieces Blend Voices Beautifully” ~~~ Times Union, May 13th 2013
- “Albany Pro Musica To Help St. Joseph’s Celebrate 150 Years”~~~Concert Preview, Schenectady Gazette, September 27, 2012
- Arts Talk News In Brief: Bach Highlights Albany Pro Musica Season ~~ Times Union, September 21, 2012
- “Pro Musica Program Marks Civil War’s 150th Anniversary”~~~Schenectady Gazette, June 10, 2012
- “‘John Brown’s Body’ A Memorable Media Event”~~~Times Union, June 10, 2012
- “Concert To Feature Music & Writings Of The Civil War”~~~Schenectady Gazette, June 7th 2012
- “Albany Pro Musica Revisits Civil War In ‘John Brown’s Body’”.~~~Times Union, June 6th 2012
- “Civil War Is Focus of Albany Pro Musica Concert”~~~The Saratogian, June 6th 2012
- “‘Digging deep’ into the Civil War.”~~~A preview by Paul Grondahl of John Brown’s Body at EMPAC ~Times Union, June 5, 2012
- “Albany Symphony Orchestra offers up a great ‘Carmina’”~~Times Union, April 22nd 2012
- “Music: When Worlds Collide In Albany” – a preview of APM and ASO’s Carmina Burana collaboration, under the baton of Joann Falletta~~Times Union, March 29th 2012
- “In a world filled with chaos, violence, and angry voices, a meditative, ethereal concert singing about light offered a respite on Sunday afternoon”~~Times Union, January 29th 2012
- Albany Pro Musica makes Priscilla McLean’s Top Five of 2011!~~Times Union, December 21st 2011
- Albany Pro Musica is a finalist for The American Prize in Choral Performance!~~theamericanprize.org, June 18th 2011
- “Different Drummers: Albany Pro Musica Opens Year With Percussive Show” ~preview~–Times Union, November 2nd 2011
- “Albany Pro Musica and Pro Musica Symphonic Orchestra rocked the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Saturday in a tour de force concert [featuring the Berlioz Requiem and Poulenc's Gloria]“~~Times Union, May 8th 2011
- The Times Union calls Albany Pro Musica’s Cathedral Collaboration II performance of the Faure Requiem “ravishing”.
- The Times Union reviews Albany Pro Musica and the Albany Symphony’s “Verdi’s Requiem”.
- The Times Union names “Trumpets Sound Angels Sing” a “pick of the week”.
- Albany Pro Musica’s Voices of Light called “haunting” by the Times Union.
- The Troy Record calls Albany Pro Musica’s performance of Voices of Light “a watershed”.